This page provides information on and links to a selection of Resources that may be useful to co-operatives, those supporting co-operatives and co-operators (anyone who believes in co-operative ways of doing things). If you have any resources that you would like to share or you know of other’s resources please do Contact Us.
The Hive website www.thehive.coop People and communities at different stages of setting up or developing their co-operative or social business can find out how to apply for advice and support to help them. There are also tools, templates and checklists for organisations to work through, from Business Planning to Buyouts and Conversions, and a list of preferred providers who offer one-to-one and group advice for the Hive programme. The providers include Co-operatives East members; The Guild Social Economy Services CIC and the Co-operative Assistance Network Limited.
Co-operatives UK Resources and Guides
Co-operatives UK has a wide range of co-operative resources available through their website or to order. See their Resources page. The following are guides that may be of particular interest:
- Simply Start Up – a guide to the process of starting a Co-operative or Community Enterprise. download
- Simply Legal – all you need to know about lrgal forms and organisational types for community enterprises. download
- Simply Finance – A comprehensive guide to the different options for financing a community enterprise. download
Online videos promoting co-operation – Here are some examples of co-op videos. You may have your favourites. Do contact us and let us know about them.
East of England Co-operative videos
Chelmsford Star Co-operative videos
What is a co-operative from Co-operatives UK
Building a better world
Working with groups and co-operatives – Activities to support your Co-op or to help in working co-operatively together were developed by First Question Co-operative, who unfortunately are no longer operating. We have provided some of the following simple resources HERE:
- Ice Breaker – Archipelago (or Islands) 1st This activity helps a group to get to know about each other and can also be used to gather information. It can be fun and provide a few laughs and breaks up friendship groups and encourages people to mix.
- Information Gathering – Hand Pair Share A simple activity to gain information or views requiring participants to interact, listen and share.
- Evaluation – Targets A simple way of evaluating a session or activity which gives instant feedback is by a Target evaluation.
Food Co-ops Toolkit – a simple guide to setting up a food co-op Web-based and downloadable resources at www.sustainweb.org/foodcoopstoolkit
Green Schools Revolution – The Co-operative’s Resources for Schools Free resources for schools and parents on a range of green topics, co-operation and Fairtrade and enterprise. www.co-operative.coop/green-schools-revolution