The mission of Co-operatives East is to be the voice of the co-operative movement in the East of England – that is, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Co-operatives East aims to:
- Bring together consumer and worker co-operatives, credit unions, housing co-ops, co-operative development bodies and other organisations sharing co-operative values and principles
- Represent and promote co-operative values and principles
- Raise the profile of the co-operative sector in the region
- Represent the co-operative movement and promote the co-operative difference to regional strategic development bodies and opinion formers. By working together, we can make our voice heard and ensure that decision makers consider the role that co-operative, mutual and social enterprises have in contributing to the economy and culture of the region
- Represent the co-operative sector within regional media and regional forums (including regional groupings and sub-regional networks)
- Involve members and potential members in the wider co-operative movement and in particular in active membership of Co-operativesUK
- Build partnership structures and arrangements with organisations with similar objectives
- Support the work of co-operative development bodies at regional level
Co-operatives East is an unincorporated association. You can download the constitution from the Useful Links (Documents Repository) page.
The Management Committee meet quarterly and members of Co-operatives East are always welcome to attend meetings as observers and, if they wish, to share news of any successes or challenges they are experiencing.
The Management Committee is currently (January 2016) made up of the following people:
|Sally Kelly||The Guild||Chair|
|Pam Walker||1st Question Co-operative||Vice Chair|
|Joe Gluza||Individual member||Treasurer|
|Peter Shaman||Willow Housing Co-operative (East Anglia) Limited|
|Chris Matthews||East of England Co=operative|
|David Strode-Willis||Individual member|
Secretariat providing administrative support to Co-operatives East:
Sarah Kirkpatrick firstname.lastname@example.org