Co-operatives East is a membership organisation dedicated to promoting and enabling a thriving co-operative sector in the East of England.
We are one of a number of Regional Co-operative Councils in the UK. We work with Co-operatives UK, the national apex body for the co-operative sector.
- There are more than 200 co-operatives in the East of England?
- They employ over 15,500 people?
- And have a combined annual turnover of over £2 billion?
Co-operatives range in size from the smallest food buying circle to multi-million pound agricultural businesses. As well as the familiar consumer co-ops like the Co-operative shops and the Co-operative Bank, there are plenty of others: worker co-ops, housing co-ops, credit unions, community enterprises, energy co-ops and marketing co-ops, for example. What all these diverse enterprises have in common is a shared set of values and principles (see About Co-operatives).
If you are involved with a co-operative enterprise in the East of England then we are here for you.
It is our mission to:
- Represent your co-op to decision makers and opinion formers
- Promote co-operative values and principles
- Organise events and provide services that are relevant and useful to our members
The more members we have the louder our voice. Membership is free, so why not join us?
To sign up to our monthly e-newsletter click HERE
Co-operatives East does not deliver co-operative development services, but we work in close partnership with Co-operative Development Bodies that operate in the region. These are: